FERRARI \ MASERATI SD3 Diagnostic System
The Diagnostics System is an electronic device for the diagnostics of electronic control units (ECU) installed in modern vehicles.
The SD3 diagnostics system is a palmtop device with a backlit color LCD display and a membrane keypad with twenty keys;
it is also equipped with:
>> three standard RS232C serial lines;
>> six standard ISO9141 / CARB / KEYWORD 2000 serial lines;
>> two standard CAN serial lines multimeter in volts (up to 200 V d.c.) and Ohm (up to 1 Mohm)
It can be interfaced to a PC containing the software required to update the ECU diagnostics software through one of the following lines:
>> standard RS232C serial line,
>> USB serial line
>> Ethernet 10/100Mbit network
>> Ethernet Wireless 802.11b network
For better efficiency and faster data transfer between the PC and the SD3 unit, we suggest you use the USB line or an
Ethernet/Wireless network for communications.
The SD3 Diagnostic System is supplied with a suitcase containing:
>> SD3 Tester;
>> Serial cable for SD3/SD2 connection to PC (SD3-CBL01) ;
>> Multimeter cable (SD3-CBL02) ;
>> Power supply feeder (SD3-CBL05) ;
>> EOBD SD3 diagnosis cable (SD3-CBL06) ;
>> Diagnosis cable with SD2 bridle (SD3-CBL07) ;
>> Connection cable for feeding among SD2 and SD3 bridle (SD3-CBL08) ;
>> Cigar lighter socket feeder (SD3-CBL09) ;
>> ISO 1 extension (SD3-CBL10) ;
>> ISO 2 extension (SD3-CBL11) ;
>> SD2 B-CAN adapter (SD3-CBL12);
>> USB cable ;
>> 10/100 Mbps Ethernet cross-over cable ;
>> SD3 wireless board; SD3 Manual ;
>> SD3 Quick Reference;
>> Installation CD-ROM ;
>> 8 metal-point rods for Multimeter.
>> PC USB/Wireless board
To install the Basic SD3NET software on the PC, proceed as follows:
1. Power up the PC where the program has to be installed;
2. Insert the program CD supplied with the SD3 in the CD drive.
3. If the user has enabled the AUTORUN function on the CD drive, the installation wizard will launch automatically; in this case go to point 7, otherwise continue the procedure below;
4. Using your mouse, double-click on MY COMPUTER;
5. When the computer resources window opens, double-click on the CD icon where the SD3NET program has been inserted;
6. Double-clicking opens a window showing the contents of the CD. Double click on SETUP.EXE. The installation wizard will now run;
7. A window will be displayed for the selection of the language to use during the program installing.
8. The installation wizard displays a start window. Click on NEXT to continue;
9. You will be prompted to install Microsoft Framework NET 1.1 (if it is not present). Always confirm and proceed with installation;
10. You are asked to name the directory in which the program will be installed (we recommend leaving the default setting). Click on NEXT to continue;
11. You are asked to name the directory DATA in which the program will be installed (we recommend leaving the default setting). Click on NEXT to continue;
12. The last window gives a summary of the previous selections. Press NEXT and the system starts copying the program to your PC.
13. When the installation has terminated you will be asked to reboot your PC. This is essential for the program to operate correctly;
14. When the PC has been rebooted, the SD3NET icon will appear on the desktop.